21 November 2022

Today, Sunday, 20 Nov 2022, I Celebrate The Gift Of A New Laptop and Cerebrate The Death Of A Son From “Fever Of Unknown Origin

Today, Sunday, 20 Nov 2022, I and my wife Ampy Reynoso, 1 son and 3 daughters visited the Manila Memorial Park, City of Paranaque, which is on the southeastern shore of Manila Bay. Jomar, Cynthia, Jennifer and Neenah were with us to visit the grave of their brother, our 9th child, Ernest Charles Reynoso Hilario , 22 May 1981-16 Nov 1991 – who died of a “fever of unknown origin” (RITM, Alabang).

Also today, 2nd child Jomar brought my new laptop, an “AMD Ryzen 5 3600” for me to replace my ailing, 9 year-old “Lenovo ThinkPadFlex2.” Bought from a cash gift from 3rd child, daughter Lorena(husband Karl Cerni), for my 82ndbirthday on 17 Sept. Jomar himself brought the Ryzen and his son over to me at the Park, over the grave of Ernest.

The visit to the Park was scheduled days before, while the handing over of the new laptop to me was not originally in the plan. “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1, NRSV).

I had been using this ThinkPad every single day since it was bought 13 Sept 2013, my birthday gift to myself. I am a writer (blogger) and editor and desktop publisher – starting Innocents Day 1985, a digital denizen. Since 2000, I have blogged at least 8,000 essays. I am an alumnus of UP Los Baños, BSA 1965 – but my love has always been writing, since I discovered it in 4th year high school in a competitive editorial exam, in Tagalog yet! that I won over a native Tagalo. I told myself, in so many words, “So writing is my hidden talent. I want to be the best of me!” Born in the time of Virgo, the Fertility Goddess.

Welcome, my fever of known origin, called “Creative Writing.” With the Ryzen come new technical challenges; I have to learn some new lessons in laptop use, but I welcome all of them, having dedicated myself for the rest of my life – I have been constantly praying to God to let me live at least to 100 – to the cultivation of Agriculture, if you will pardon the expression, specifically “Regenerative Agriculture,” that which I now refer to as “Climate Changes Agriculture” – dedicated to changing from bad to good both farmerpoverty and bad weather generated by greenhouse gases generated by Chemical Agriculture. (See also my 20 Nov 2022 essay, “Climate Changes Agriculture” – What Is That Animal? Asking For A Friend!” The Evergreen Revolution, blogspot.com.)

I interrupt myself. I am now reading Jojo Gabinete’s “Sa Kabila Ng Mga Pinagdaanan Sa Career At Personal Na Buhay, Bakit Matatag Pa Rin Si Kuh Ledesma?” (undated, PEP, pep.ph). “Despite the setbacks in career & personal life, why is Kuh Ledesma enduring?” – my translation. Mr Gabinete’s answer: “Belief in God.” I add, which applies in my case: “Majorly: Belief in one’s ability.” In the same breath, I say, “To God be the glory!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...