12 July 2022

Self-Portrait – Frank A Hilario, Filipino Creative Writer Who Followed British Copywriting Genius David Ogilvy And Has Since Singularly Blogged 8 Million Words In American English, Much In Agriculture

An Asian learning from a British wunderkind about copywriting in a language not their own – that’s Filipino Frank A Hilario minding American English learning from British David Ogilvy. I was a copywriter for Pacifica Publicity Bureau in Makati City. It has been 47 years since, but if you learn by doing, it’s forever.

“The past is prologue,” British playwright William Shakespeare famously said. Mr Ogilvy also famously said, “If you can't advertise yourself, what hope have you being able to advertise anything else?”
(above, my self-portrait, taken 17 August 2017 with my Lumix FZ100 digital camera)

[If you’re looking for a tireless blogger, here I am! On 08 Aug 2012, I came out listing a total of 754 essays I had blogged from 11 Feb 2006 to 06 Aug 2012 (“Frank A Hilario’s American Chronicle Essays, So Far” (A Magazine Called Love, amagazinecalledlove.blogspot.com), My blog Towards A New Eden that I started sometime Aug 2019 now has almost 1,000 (950) essays (Towards A New Eden,towardsaneweden.blogspot.com)]. Beat that!

Known as the “Father of Advertising” (soft sell), Mr Ogilvy came out with his book Confessions Of An Advertising Man 01 Jan 1963 published by Atheneum(Amazon.com). I eagerly read it; I have lost my copy, but not the copy in my mind.

Now, then –

Introducing: Frank A Hilario, Filipino, mentally nourished by the thoughts and theories of David Ogilvy, British, in American English, as a copywriter:

Copywriting skills of Frank A Hilario:

Has wide-angled & telescopic background and varied experiences in communication for agriculture, environment, and food (AEF), among others: digital editing manuscripts such as theses & dissertations; desktop publishing books, desktop publishing magazines, desktop publishing journals;

Does indefatigable Google searches on backgrounds and details of multifaceted topics in AEF;

First blogged with the American Chronicle (americanchronicle.com) – sorry, gone with the wind);

Has uploaded to the Internet about 8,000 essays via hundreds of blogs with the necessary background & details checked and double-checked – visit his latest blog, Towards A New Eden (towardsaneweden.blogspot.com);

In his blogposts open to all digital readers, every time, he tries to capture a certain segment of the population starting with the title of the essay, which is always personal in tone;

Thinks both critically and creatively;

Get things done even for himself in a timely manner as promised directly or indirectly;

Flexible schedule? I’m all yours anytime.

I have a laptop (Lenovo Flex2 i7) with a ViewSonic monitor as extension; my Internet access is PLDT HomeFibr (5G).

I am always available at Facebook; note the exact name – “Frank A Hilario” without a period after A!

frankahilario@gmail.com

I googled for “copywriter agriculture” and the first that showed up, WebFX, is interested in a copywriter who exercises “Extreme care of content to capture the voice and style of our clients” – an extremely difficult requirement, as it precludeswide, even wild, creativity! Me, I would choose creativity all the time – and creatively convince my client to approve my copy!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...