10 April 2021

“THiNK DiFFERENT” – My Creative Offering To PH Agriculture & My Gift To Aggie Journalists

You too can be creative! Promise.

I thought about my new blog’s name “i THiNK DiFFERENT” the other day, Saturday in Manila, 10 April 2021, which Filipinos refer to as “Araw Ng Kagitingan” (Day Of Valor), and which I see differently – It’s “Day Of Defeat,” as about 60,000 Filipino and American soldiers surrendered to the Japanese Imperial Forces in Bataan and they were forced to walk to Tarlac, about 100 km, and the Death March killed about 5,000 Filipinos and 500 Americans.

In other words, I am what I call a Thinkerer, you know what I mean. And so is Anna Marsh, CEO of Studiocanal UK, who has written “11 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently![1] (10 May 2017, Just Creative).

Miss Anna begins by saying:

Creative people always see things with a different perspective. They see themselves not for what they are, but for what they can be.

1.  They create their own schedule.

2.  They set aside time to be creative.

3.  They recognize their best & worst works.

4.  They are not afraid of failure.

5.  They take in the world around them.

6.  They stick to their dreams.

7.  They live in the world of fantasy.

8.  They are confident.

9.  They don’t follow boundaries.

10. They ask as many questions as they can.

11. They want space for themselves.

One: I schedule my blogging early in the morning, that is, having written & rewritten the day before.

Two: I prefer writing (first draft) very early in the morning. I rewrite anytime and manytimes.

Three: My best essay so far is the one I blogged 04 April 2021, “2 Leadership Lessons From Apayao Women – Help Yourself By Helping Others.” My best has come when I am already 80.6 years old, thank God!

Four: I never thought of failing in my writing. Made a mistake? I apologize.

Five: You bring out your own genius if you relax after writing a draft. You absorb what you observe. Then you revise. Then you relax. Then you revise again.

Six: I am a self-taught writer. My constant dream is to serve Filipino farmers by writing about how they themselves can think of the science of agriculture.

Seven: “Living in the world of fantasy” is being innocent about a great many things. When you can assume a child’s attitude, you can become a creative writer: I guarantee it!

Eight: I was in high school when I won an essay writing contest in Tagalog – my native tongue is Ilocano. That was when I discovered myself.

Nine: I will disagree with this one. I follow one boundary – when I criticize, you will never know because I suggest something different without mentioning you!

Ten: Yes, I ask many silent questions when I write – that is, I explore many angles. That’s how I often discover brilliance.

Eleven: If you disturb me when I am in front of the computer and typing, I may look at you blankly, as I am in my inner space. Duh!@517



[1]https://justcreative.com/11-things-creative-people-do-differently/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...