11 April 2021

Public Servant – To Find Meaning, Don’t Look In The Dictionary!

Can’t find inspiration? Me, with already an idea on what to write on, I further inspire myself with an image or photograph, such as the one above: “What if the meaning of life is to find meaning in life?”
(image of Philosoraptor[1] from Imgflip)

This essay was inspired by the Facebook sharing shown on my son Jomar Hilario’s own digital campaign for a million or more Filipinos each to pursue a Virtual Career (VC). On my own, I began my one-man digital work from home (WFH) early 2007: writing, editing, desktop publishing.

On Facebook, then-flight attendant Ludmila Carluen Barrica shared, “There Is Nothing Wrong With The Job But With Finding Meaning In What You Do.” Based in Doha, for many years, she was lonely, angry, frustrated, what-have-you – she reached near-breakdown.

I wanted to quit. My prayers for years included a constant plea for guidance how I could resign from what the world coin(ed) as a prestigious job. There was nothing wrong with it. In fact, it (helped) me discover the world and discover myself. And in so doing, I discovered that there (is) something wrong not with the job but with finding meaning in what I do.

She says she reached “rock bottom” but, fortunately, she came out of there. She credits God helping along the way. She explains how:

I began to see my job differently. Passengers and colleagues (became) not external and internal customers, but human beings. (So I began to treat) people with respect, in reverence (to) God who created them. No more irate passengers, no more difficult crew, no more demanding or annoying characters but people who need(ed) to be served and loved.

And from human beings, I (now) saw people as angels and angels in disguise.

True enough, you attract what you think. An outpour(ing) of God’s comrades came to my life in the (forms of) mentors, coaches, family, friends, church community, colleagues…

Today, Miss Ludmila has a successful virtual career. She is not specific but she describes it thus:

In December 2020, with the aid of God’s angels and angels in disguise, I was able to submit my resignation. I surrendered my flight attendant/trainer/OFW wings but gained another set of wings, given by my new boss, the King of kings and the Lord of lords! He calls me not just to be a stewardess up in the air but to be a faithful steward-ess of His blessings.

Beautiful!

Instinctively a writer or not, I say she writes with much power because she tells you how she feels. As a writer, when you reach that stage where you find personal meaning in what your story, you become much happier – and much more inspired!

Me, I write to help media people get interested in getting into or deeper into PH Agriculture to help themselves better – and in so doing help the poor farmers rise from poverty and stay up there. Media people have to look for personal meanings of Agriculture in their lives, so they can inspire others to look for theirs.@517



[1]https://imgflip.com/i/y2x8l

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...