21 May 2020

Davao City Businessman John Carlo Tria Isn’t Saying It But I Am – “Agriculture Is The Next Big Thing!”


First, I have a personal announcement to make; finally, I have discovered the word that describes exactly what I have been doing in the last 57 years:

werk

which is acronym for my

wanderlust exploring..... reaching into knowledge.

Which explains this new blog of mine: werkaholic.

Ever since my Tagalog teacher in high school discovered my talent for writing, in Tagalog while I am an Ilocano, I have been loving what I’m doing, so it’s not work – it’s werk!

The words I have just invented, werk, werkaholic, actually apply to what I have been doing in my off-and-on blogging since I started sometime in 2005, then beginning to blog earnestly in January 2007 when Director General William Dar of the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, ICRISAT, recruited me as international consulting writer for ICRISAT, which was/is based in India. I was based in Manila; that was my first work-from-home assignment, WFH.

Above, the image “The Importance Of Being Unexpected” isn’t mine – but I can’t trace it anymore on Google – still, it’s perfect today because I was reading the above Facebook sharing of Boyet Bajandi, “Agriculture To Help Industries Recover, Says Biz Leader[1]” by Roberto A Gumba Jr (18 May 2020, Sun Star Davao), and I suddenly had the insight that John Carlo Tria was not saying what he actually saw, that:

Agriculture is the next big thing!

And that none of the businesses of the group Mr Tria was heading, the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is the next big thing. And which in turn tells me that:

I am right where I can make the
biggest difference in my werk: Agriculture!

Just don’t forget that as a science writer who wants to be always creative, werk is acronym for “wanderlust exploring..... reaching into knowledge.” Meaning there are no guaranteed outputs – which is what I love! The only way to be creative is to love the unexpected.

Mr Tria said:

Since the food (business) and agribusiness are expected to sustain (themselves) in the midst of a pandemic or calamity, looking at how to expand or broaden the economic multiplier of these important surviving sectors will become important.

Now, if Mr Tria was really convinced that “Agriculture (will) help industries recover,” and he very well knew that agriculture right now was troubled, why was he not proposing a solution or two for Farming to turn from Zero to Hero? He was concentrating on the “job creation in agribusiness (since it) is very strong especially if it can take a lot of those that have been displaced like in tourism.”

Mr Gumba Jr said:

(Mr Tria also said) the Chamber also promised to help tourism businesses if they decide to transition to agribusiness.

Precisely, Mr Tria. Since those tourism businesses are still struggling to get to their feet, why doesn’t your group, the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry:

Go on now help get the huge agriculture sector machine set up and running?!@517








[1]https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1856870?fbclid=IwAR15soZY4gLoxqejUinPF7dgUYHvnIfxbfkWju5svrXP0zlfVh4NdLRTxKQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...