01 August 2020

These “God, No Jokes ” Stories Of Mine

If you don’t mind, I do!

Unfashionable, these little stories are just starters. That image is my photograph, taken 2010 – will these God little stories of mine scare, scar, sear or save you?

Ever the original aboriginal Ilocano, I am collecting-writing “God, No Jokes” stories to celebrate my 80th birthday, __ September 2020. You will know the exact date when I offer free the complete soft copy (pdf) with as many stories as i hope to live: 120.

I have been inspired by my old fellow Ilocano Jun AV Revilla sharing jokes on Facebook, told by others even from many years back. The difference is this: He has a good memory; he is a copywriter – he copies jokes. I am an original; I am a jokewriter, and I joke you not! Even the word jokewriter I just invented right now.

So here are some God, No Jokes Stories, all my originals, all off Facebook:

Manny Pacquiao: Heinous Crimes He Knows?

Manny Pacquiao: On a Facebook sharing linked to PhilStarpicture-story of 29 July 2020: “Hindi po labag sa mata ng gobyerno, sa mata ng Panginoon… dahil biblically po, allowed po ang gobyerno, the authority which is established by God, to impose (death penalty for heinous crimes).” (image from Forbes.com[1])

Frank A Hilario: What Manny is saying is that “You shall not kill” applies only to “non-wicked, abominable crimes” as Man/Manny defines/“dictionarizes” it. In fact, biblically, what God said is, “You shall not kill.” He did not qualify. Here, Manny is qualifying God. Manny, I’m the Editor, not you!

Life’s Magic

Rebecca R Hannah: “I like cancelled plans / and rainy day naps. / I like old bookstores / And empty coffee shops. / I like muddy gardens / And the smell of melting chocolate. / But mostly I just like the sweet, simple magic that this life has to offer.” – Brooke Hampton, barefootfive.com

Frank A Hilario: Actually, my dear, life does not make the magic – we do, if and when suddenly we discover it!

The Shepherd You

John Dela Cruz: Quoting from the Bible: “I am the good Shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know me.” John 10:14

Frank A Hilario: That’s why we have a lost sheep all the time. We Christians are sheep, and we have a shepherd.We are a flock. The best metaphor I can think of a group of Christians is from Servant Leadership. Our community is always a whole Sheep Leadership: One leads now, but at any time the Shepherd becomes mere Sheep and any Sheep becomes Shepherd. That is why we are all invited to learn everything.

Growing older, or growing wiser?

Rebecca R Hannah: She says in a Facebook sharing of 30 July 2020, “SO did I, so it goes,” to introduce the huge big colored text that says in 7 words:

I thought growing old would take longer.

Frank A Hilario: Actually yes, and you should thank God for that! What you should be aiming at is growing wiser, because that always takes much longer!@517

 



[1]https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2016/04/09/manny-pacquiao-set-to-retire-with-500-million-in-career-earnings/#28b0007e75c1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...