11 May 2021

I, The Wizard Of Ws


This is all about those Wonderful “Ws.” What you’re looking at above is a collage created by Windows 10itself on 26 April 2018 in my workroom-bedroom 04:05 in the morning – I took the photograph with my Lumix FZ100 digital zoom (my long shadow I superimposed only yesterday).

Anyway, what exactly did I do to cause Windows 10 to work out a hidden wonder? I don’t know. But I’m glad it did. You never know what you cannot do until it’s done!

What I want to point out is this: A jumble of ideas, that’s how my mind works most of the time. So, if you are an aspiring writer, take heart!

This time, I decided not to give you a formula for writing, simply encouraging words.

At 80 going 81, thank God, how could I have blogged every single day in the last 17 months? Explanation: The “Wonder of Ws” expressed as “WFH.”

WFH:
Windows For Home. Version 10, I have been using for the last 7 years. Happily.

WFH:
Work From Home?
No, Werk From Home – it’s not work if you love what you’re doing!

WFH:
Workhorse For Hours.
Lenovo ThinkPad
laptop, since 2013. Great!

WFH:
Werk From Home Fibr.
PLDT, fast.

WFH:
Word From Heaven. No, I never write or rewrite my draft with a ballpen; yes, I always work with Microsoft Word
.

WFH:
Word From Hell. A hell of an app, Word has helped me desktop-publish several volumes, including a coffee-table book for the Agricultural Credit Policy Council.

WFH:
Word From Here.
When I open
Word, automatically and at once it shows a long list of recent files I have been working on. How convenient is that?!

WFH:
Write From Habit.
Make it a habit to write; then it becomes easier and easier.

WFH:
Write From Hate? No, Write For Help. I write to help, not hate.

WFH:
Wait For Hints? Sometimes.

WFH:
Wait For Hope? Better: Write From Hope!

WFH:
Write Furniture to Have?
I have an executive chair, a 4-compartment computer table, another table for my HP 4-color desktop printer.

WFH:
What Fan to Have.
I have a swinging little electric fan on top of the computer table. On the wall, a medium-sized Conduraaircon.

WFH:
What Food to Have.
Packets of Milo, Twin Packs Nescafé Brown, an occasional ready-to-cook pork tapa from the variety store a few houses away. Easy to fry – I love it! Often, bananas – lacatanand saba (Ilocano dippig), thanks to my wife Ampy.

WFH:
Wash From Here.
My daughter Gracielatakes care of my unclean clothes, brings to the laundry shop a tricycle drive away – or has them washed at our washing machine right outside my room.

WFH:
Watch Fireflies Here. We live in the countryside where a few feet away is Mother Nature. There is also a climbable mountain in the distance.

WFH:
Write From Habit.
If you want to be a good writer, you have to cultivate the habit of writing.

WFH:
Write For Hours.
Mostly, enjoy!

WFH:
Work for FH? No, Wonderful for FH! I love my Ws!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...