08 November 2021

Where Would This Creative Writer Be Without Facebook!?

Sometime midnight of Friday, 05 November 2021, Manila, I got up from trying to sleep with this thought: “Where would I be without Facebook?!”

Yes, while I am an extraordinarily creative person, Facebook provides me much-many helps such as the following:

Advice: “The media tells you what to think and what not to think. Do your research, free your mind from mental slavery” – Mematic & Tenor.

Inspiration. I read, I browse the postings/sharings of others and get inspired here and there.

Ideas. From Facebook, I get many ideas for my own essays that I develop and upload to my blog Communication for Development (ComDev) – see above image. News, personal experiences, opinions, hurts… I browse. Facebook shows me Mankind is such a rich parade to watch, listen to, enjoy, learn from!

Topic. Sometimes the topic I write about comes straight as a missing ingredient in somebody’s Facebook post or sharing, sometimes it just pops up from my Facebook browsing.

Images. I pick up images from Facebook, with proper credit, agree or disagree.

Messages. Now that I’m hard of hearing, I rely on Facebook messages to communicate with family members or friends here and abroad. What would I do without Facebook?!

Bias. There is more Positivity than Negativity on Facebook. I skip the negative, and linger on the positive, whether original or quote/s. One could make my day!

Health. Some people post and ask for donations for people who need surgery, or something or other. I always post this single world: “Herbal.” Why do you rely on surgery for cancer, heart condition, tumor, when food can be your medicine? Listen to the Father of Medicine, Hippocrates: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Consult Dr Farrah Bunch; ask Dr Willy Ong!

Activism. Whatever their do-gooding is for, people have learned to use Facebook as their symbolic street to put placards for people to read passing by, whether the source has a real name or not. And you can put up your countersign if you like.

Presidential politics. So many months before the presidential elections, and the contest is already heating up! And yet I see that nobody but nobody but Frank A Hilario has seen that not a single one among the presidential hopefuls has come up/out with a Vision for the Country?

Such absence of a visionary statement tells me that every single one of the front-running presidential candidates – BBM, Ping Lacson, Isko Moreno, Manny Pacquiao, Leni Robredo – has no Vision, only Ambition!

Prayers. Almost everyone puts a prayer or a quote – I click “Hide All” for those individuals who are not clearly Catholic sources, sorry! If you proclaim only Jesus Christ and not love for fellowmen, not love for enemies or those who hate you, I do not hate you but I hide you!

Zest for Life. In one sense or another, you can see or feel how others are trying to triumph over their fears or misgivings – and you are encouraged yourself.

Any of the above should be telling anyone: You choose the life you live!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...