06 May 2022

Greens & Golds – You & I Gardening, Generating Good Foods And Happy Green Grounds

I have been dreaming of growing my own & family’s green & gold organic foods in the last 56 years! The problem is not the Materials & Method – it’s the plot of ground, as it cannot be imaginary.

The image above is my photo taken 16 July 2019. It’s the neighbor’s garden of ornamentals for sale. Me, I would grow food also in hanging baskets if I had my own garden. Organic garden – vegetables and fruits I would grow there. And I would be gardening all year-round.

I’m now reading Leigh Clapp’s article “Organic Gardening: How To Create A Successful Organic Garden” (08 July 2020, Real Homes, realhomes.com), where she says:

Organic gardening is both simple and rewarding. Plus, it will benefit wildlife, your own health and reduce your environmental impact too. Here's how to get started...

She is in the US of A and I am in the islands called Philippines thousands of miles away, but it doesn’t matter – food is food and gardening is gardening.

Organic gardening – and in particular, vegetable gardening and growing fruit organically – gives you the peace of mind of knowing exactly what has gone into producing your food. No man-made chemicals, fertilizers and nasties. It also results in the freshest and tastiest fruit and vegetables possible.

What’s there not to like?!

Here, Leigh is telling me about companion planting, which is something I have yet to hear or read in the Philippines:

An organic garden does not fend for itself. If you want to try organic gardening, you need to know how you can strengthen plants’ health naturally and learn how to use alternative ways of warding off pests. Growing your own organic vegetables and fruit[s] does not mean you can't enjoy flowers, too – much to the contrary. Fruit and vegetable crops will benefit from the pollinators that come to enjoy your flowers – the brighter the better.

You will enjoy the flowers – and so will the pollinators & other organisms who will help control the population of would-be pests as they become food for the birds!

Leigh says:

There are five main principles to bear in mind as you learn how to garden organically: a good site, healthy soil, biodiversity, sustainable resources, and avoidance of chemicals.

Me, give me any site and I will make it good, organically! I will practice what is known as trash farming (or trash gardening, if small scale), using a rotavator to create an organic layer of plant materials and soil cut & mixed together and automatically laid all over the site. This is an original organic farming/gardening process that I now call “Rotavator Organic WEALth – Weeds-Enriched Automatic Layer of Trash Triggering Terrestrial Health.” Whatever it was before, the soil now becomes healthy for vegetables and flowers. (For more and freedetails, you can PM me on Facebook anytime.)

It’s called “organic gardening” as it avoids all those inorganic or chemical fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, weedicides. Happy, healthy foods I will raise in my own green & gold garden – and so can you!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...