13 May 2022

“The Measure Of Love Is To Love Without Measure” – St Francis De Sales. The Measure Of Leni Is The Measure Of Love

I have loved Writing since Grade 5, 1951;
I have loved Agriculture since UPCA, 1959;
I have loved Organic Farming since Trash Farming, 1966;
I have loved Blogging since Blogspot.com, 2000.
Endless Loves. True Love is Endless.

(images: Leni quote from Facebook sharing of Elsie Lantican; Heart & Quote from Pinterest.com; “Red Squares & Foot” from me, 28-08-2006)

Whomever you voted as PH President, with the electoral count reporting a Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcoslandslide victory, here comes Leni Robredo with her undying love for her country, my country.

Above is a 2-sentence quote from Leni; I shall now translate it freely:

“Ang pag-ibig, nasusukat hindi lang sa pagtitiis, kundi sa kahandaang lumaban, kahit gaano kahirap, para matapos na ang pagtitiis.

Love is measured not only in suffering, but also in readiness to fight, no matter how difficult, to end the suffering. 

“Ang nagmamahal, kailangang ipaglaban ang minamahal.”

The lover needs to fight for the loved one.

I love you, Maria Leonor Gerona-Robredo; Ma'am: You wring out the best in me!

For this essay, I was looking for quotations of love, and I found via Google Chrome that of “Francis De Sale” – “The measure of love is to love without measure.” When I checked with my favorite quote webpage Goodreads, I found that the correct name of the source is “Francis De Sales,” the saint. And next to that, I found this quote in the title of the book by Ryan Holiday: The Obstacle Is The Way: The Timeless Art Of Turning Trials Into Triumph.

The obstacle to Leni’s presidency? Negative election results reported – ah, Ma’am, that is the Obstacle that is the Way.

Obstacles do not get in the way – they are the way!

The Obstacle in my writing is Chemical Agriculture, since 1966, when I accidentally discovered Edward H Faulkner’s “Trash Farming.”

“Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals & happiness” – Thomas Jefferson, philosopher & American President.

I will now revise Jefferson to say, “Regenerative Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to good wealth, good health, good morals & happiness.”

Back to my lesson from Leni – Now then, to end the sufferings of soils being abused, of food growers not earning much, of fields denied their biodiversity, of human consumers denied healthy foods, and all of us suffering from climate change also because of greenhouse gases (GHGs) from farms big & small:

We must practice Regenerative Agriculture, one method of which is the preparation of organic materials to apply to our farms and/or gardens.

Yes, Ma'am! Yes Sir! Organic farming is natural love bestowed on the land – natural richness, goodness, health. If you apply organic materials to the soil, you feed the invisible organisms such as bacteria, and visible organisms such as bugs & earthworms – they all contribute to making the soil healthy, wealthy and weather-wise!

Regenerative Agriculture is fighting the enemies with 100% Natural Love!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...