03 November 2022

Absolutely No Objections To Hybrid Rice – My Absolute Objection Is To Unnatural Means Of Growing Crops – Your Chemical Fertilizers & Chemical Pesticides!

This is Good! “Mataas Na Ani, Malaking Kita” is the current slogan of the PH Department of Agriculture (DA) – “High Yield, Big Income” – here promised for hybrid rice. (That slogan came up at the time of Secretary of Agriculture William Dar.)

(“Hybrid rice” from ati.da.gov.ph, “Mataas” from youtube.com)

This is Not Good! After blogging my Tuesday, 01 Nov 2022 essay “BBM’s Dream Of P20/Kg Rice – To Help Make That Dream Come True Almost Immediately, Somebody Fund Me As I Re/Invent A Mechanically Intelligent ”Masaganang Sakahang Kabalikat’ Rotavator (‘MSK Rotavator’),” someone emailed me to point out her/his advocacy of hybrid rice – implying that “Regenerative Agriculture (RA) could not produce high hybrid rice yields.

Challenge accepted!

I am not naming that someone here, but I am going to refute her/him.

Madam/Sir, when you emphasize high yield of rice, watch me as I salute you – but when allyou emphasize is high yield of rice, watch me as I refute you!

To simplify RA, let me limit my discussion to organic farming. I do not remember her/him mentioning anything organic at all, while I have been “in love” with Organic for the last 57 years!

In my return email, I challenged her/him to find a financial sponsor for my techno demo on what I call “Masaganang Sakahang Kabalikat” (“MSK Rotavator”). That is to say, using today’s off-the-shelf rotavator but following my strict instructions on how to operate it, I will show the world that Organic Mulching (OM), as part of Regenerative Agriculture, will give you these Healthy Results 7 times over:

1.     Healthy Soils.

2.     Healthy Crops.

3.     Healthy Yields.

4.     Healthy Foods.

5.     Healthy Consumers.

6.     Healthy Pockets Of Farmers.

7.     Healthy Villages.

In contrast, I dare say, Chemical Agriculture is unhealthy 7 times over, giving us:

a.     Unhealthy soils – Chemical fertilizers generate greenhouse gases (GHGs), and chemical pesticides deposit residues – how can I ever learn to like either of those?

b.     Unhealthycrops – If you spray chemicals on your crops, how can you expect naturally healthy results?

c.     Unhealthyyields (no matter how high) – Those high yields have to be computed against high costs of production, so your high yields are in arithmetical numbers only, not in farmers’ incomes.

d.     Unhealthyfoods (as always, which you can easily buy in the market) – If you grow your crop using chemicals, of course they will produce chemically laden stems, leaves, flowers, fruits, and grains.

e.     Unhealthyconsumers – How can food consumers be healthy when all they eat is unhealthy foods from chemically laden farms?

f.       Unhealthypockets of farmers – Granting that 10% of farmers earn much from Chemical Agriculture – what about the remaining 90%?

g.     Unhealthyvillages – The fields are laden with chemical residues from fertilizers and pesticides, as well as the greenhouse gases (GHGs) that are automatically generated – how can those villages ever be healthy with the resulting Climate Change from GHGs?

How can I ever love Chemical Agriculture!? – Take away Climate Change and I just might!@517

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...