29 November 2022

“Climate Changes Agriculture” – What Is That Animal? Asking For A Friend!

My hope for the Philippines, nay the world, is now expressed in this new phrase (plural): “Climate Changes Agriculture” – compare my earlier phrase (singular) in “‘Climate Change Agriculture’ – BBM Sir, With That Package You Have A Major Reason For Budget Request For Billions For Citizen Protection And Cultivator Prosperity!” (07 Nov 2022, Gardens Guardians, blogspot.com). 
(“Climate Changes” image from embibe.com)

At any rate, that’s my Hope. And “Hope Requires Action,” says Jaime Augusto Zobel De Ayala. So I continue to write. Today, I want to do fieldwork following my own advice. So: Institution or individual, if you can arrange for a 5-10 ha of ricefield and a budget to match, I am willing to be a practicing farmer – not only a practical writer – and show the world by actual practice what I call Rotavator WEALTh– using an off-the-shelf rotavator with my strict instructions.

By the way, if you don’t know me, I am a full-blooded Ilocano son of an Asingan, Pangasinan farmer, a UP Los Baños alumnus (BS Agriculture Ag Edu, weighted average 2.36, 1965; Civil Service Professional 80.6%, 1964).

Repeat: I want to actually practice my advocacy, that which today I encapsulate into 3 words: ‘Climate Changes Agriculture” (CCsA). [I first wrote about the singular “Climate Change Agriculture” (CCA) in 2018; see my essay “Organic Farming & The Lesson Of The Rotavator: How To Feed The World” (26 March 2018, iOrganic Country, blogspot.com)].

Here are the climates that CCsA is designed to change for better:
(“Save” image from istockphoto.com)

Climate of Enemy Weather– Stop Conventional Agriculture! Scientists will tell you those chemical fertilizers and pesticides generate those greenhouse gases (GHGs) in our millions of hectares of farms in all major Philippine islands. If instead all our farmers practiced organic farming all over the country, we should be able to minimize typhoons, floods and landslides.

Climate of Enemy Poverty – If farmers practice what I am preaching as Climate Changes Agriculture, their costs of production will go down to negligible, almost zero, because they do not need to buy fertilizers (and pesticides) of any kind.

[The organic mulch that is created by any off-the-shelf rotavator operated under my strict instructions will provide more than enough fertility. (How do you create that organic mulch automatically? See my 01 Nov 2022 essay, “BBM’s Dream Of P20/Kg Rice – To Help Make That Dream Come True Almost Immediately, Somebody Fund Me As I Re/Invent A Mechanically Intelligent ‘Masaganang Sakahang Kabalikat’ Rotavator (‘MSK Rotavator’),” Gardens Guardians, blogspot.com).]

Climate of Enemy Foods– Since our farmers always apply chemical fertilizers and chemical pesticides on our crops, they always harvest farm produce – fruits, grains, leaves, roots – that are laden with chemically derived nutrients and pesticide residues; thus, our foods are always unhealthy.

Climate of Enemy Prices of Farm-Produced Foods – Even without my MSK Rotavator, with organic farming, without certification, farmers will spend much less and earn much more, so that BBM’s P20/Kg dream rice will easily come true.

Climate Changes Agriculture – If we do not stop Chemical Agriculture, Climate Change will stop all of us!@517

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...