08 July 2021

Want Your Book, Newsletter Or Magazine Out Fast? Print-On-Demand!

After Edit-On-Demand. I am saying the best way to come out with a publication nowadays is Print-On-Demand. Unbelievably fast! You email your edited book manuscript to the printer today, you get 50 copies the next day ready for business.
(Above, original print-on-demand image[1] by designhill.com)

For your book, newsletter or magazine, you need a digital Editor-on-Demand! You need Me. In digital-editing a book, with revisions where I feel necessary, I can finish in 24 days. Ready-to-print – that is after desktop publishing (DTP), where I format texts, format columns, format sections, format & position images.

Yes, I am a one-man-band when it comes to editing and desktop publishing – even including writing in the first place.

I have been doing my version of editing-on-demand (although I did not call it that) since 1997, or 34 years almost.

So: If you have any of these: a newsletter or a journal to publish, book to write and publish – if you want the best writer or editor or layout artist or desktop publisher, call me!

If you want your lessons free, just read the essays in my blog, just browse, and I’m sure you will get lots of ideas you can use: how to think differently, how to express disagreement without being disagreeable, how to tell an old story in a new way…..

Now, read about me:

During those typewriter-writing & paper-printing press years starting 1975:

Even as I am an Agriculturist (BSA major in Ag Edu, UP '65), and with a 1964 Civil Service Professional license, officially, I began as a writer for Forestry, working from 1975 to 1981 as the founder & Editor in Chief of all 3 major publications of the Forest Research Institute (FORI): monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat. How good was I? Those publications made FORI popular nationally and internationally.

During these digital writing & publishing years starting 1985:

I began learning word processing (worping, my coinage) with WordStar1 on Innocents Day, 28 December 1985. In 1987, I began learning by myself Microsoft Word 4 – and I tried all subsequent versions, and now I’m using Word 2016.

I learned to blog sometime in 2005. I have blogged at least 6,000 essays with a total of at least 6 million words. My topics are mostly agriculture, communication for development – including the application of the Internet for advancing farmer knowledge.

The books I have authored and desktop published myself include 7 books printed commercially by the International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) based in India. My latest book is Jose Rizal As First Thinking Filipino (159 pages, published 19 June 2021, available free in pdf, just email me: frankahilario@gmail.com).

In other words, whatever is your need in working with books, journals, newsletters and other kinds of publications, if you want a worry-free and fast worker for any of those, call me. You’ll be glad you did!@517



[1]https://www.designhill.com/design-blog/what-is-print-on-demand-how-to-start-a-print-on-demand-business/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...