13 December 2021

1000 Essays To Thank God For & My Gift Lessons On Regenerative Journalism For You

Monday, 13 December 2021, and you are reading my 1000th essay uploaded in this blog alone, RegINA, Queen Mother Earth. I wrote those 1000 essays in the last 36 months, would you believe? Creative, prolific! Worldwide, today, I am inventing Regenerative Journalism to energize communication for village development via agriculture.

I’m all-digital: Writer, Editor, Photographer, Desktop Publisher, Blogger – writing essays, editing manuscripts, photographing scenes, blogging, desktop-publishing newsletters, magazines & books – I taught myself all those skills. Now, I would like to encourage the youth in our state colleges & universities (SCUs): “Go and do likewise.”
(“1000-Thank you” image[1]from Shutterstock.com)

Today, to celebrate my1000-benchmark, I start looking for funds for a program to train 100 young creatives in the SCUs on how to become good at regenerative journalism. For our dear Mother Philippines. Digitally only, no physical contact necessary.

In the meantime, I am offering free adviceto any writer/would-be writer young or old who would like to improve his/her digital writing skill in agriculture or related field – just send me a digital draft, frankahilario@gmail.com. My offer is free up to midnight of 31-12-2021!

UPLB taught me my Agriculture, BSA major in Ag Edu. Teacher, I taught myself all the digital skills I now possess: photography, writing, editing, layouting, desktop publishing, and blogging. Each essay uploaded to RegINA is meant to be a painless lesson for anyone. I write in a personal vein, using the friendly personal pronouns I, you, them.

I discovered & developed all those talents almost all by myself, with a suggestion & initial encouragement by my son Jomar regarding blogging – thank you Jomar!

To encourage you, let me say that in this Digital Age, anything is possible. In the first place, I am a self-taught digital denizen, starting with WordStar v1 on Innocents Day, 28 December 1985, when I was 45. Those were the early days of the desktop personal computer (PC); now we have PCs with externals: monitors and hard disks. I have a Lenovo Flex 2laptop with 500GB hard disk and 4GB memory.

In this blog, the 1st essay, “Summertime & Lack Of Water As The Burning Issue Of The Day[2],” dates back 22 March 2019; I uploaded my 999th essay yesterday, Sunday, 12-12-21; which makes this 1000th.

1000, I must celebrate that number. About the year 1000, History Extra says[3]:

A new system of global pathways formed in the year 1000, following the arrival of Vikings in what’s now north-eastern Canada. Trade goods, people and ideas moved along these newly discovered routes. Globalization affected both those who went to new places…, and those who stayed at home…

Stay-at-home me, I would say a new system of global knowledge pathways formed starting in 1975, when Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak co-invented the personal computer, to which I owe my continuing intellectual life so far:

I will stop blogging only if I could no longer tap any key on my A4Tech ergonomic keypad. Until then, to all of us, “Happy Digital!”@517



[1]https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/thank-you-1000-followers-numbers-congratulating-1040690083

[2]https://reginaqueenmotherearth.blogspot.com/2019/03/summertime-lack-of-water-as-burning.html

[3]https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/global-millennium-year-ad-1000-globalisation/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...