19 May 2022

Another Big Lesson From Tublay Farming Coop – You Have To Help Yourselves, Yourselves. Meanwhile, Old Groups Like FFF Continue Complaining & Not Helping Themselves?

I am 81+ and I don’t remember reading about a Federation of Free Farmers (FFF) group pursuing a farming project for its members’ benefits instead of protesting.

As far as I know, the founder of the FFF, who is Jeremias U Montemayor, is from Pangasinan, my home province. The first and last time I came face-to-face with an FFF group was 2013 as a consultant, with UPLB professor ButchoyEspino as head of our group for the Agrarian Reform Community  Connectivity & Economic Support Services(ARCCESS), an extension project of the Department of Agrarian Reform. One of our target ARCCESS groups was the Aramal-Tocok FFF  Multipurpose Cooperative in San Fabian, Pangasinan. Among other things, we were selling the idea of Farmer’s Choice – at least, I was.

Many years later, FFF if you are still protesting the same or similar things, I only have pity for your group. Farmer’s Choice: Help yourselves!

In the image above, from my essay “Farmer's Choice. Xmas Card, IPM Check, Henri Fayol & Vic Ladlad” (26 Nov 2013, Frank A Hilario, Blogspot.com), among the 10 farmer’s choices is “Organic Fertilizer” (circle green). 9 years later, neither the natives of Pangasinan, the Pangasinense, nor farmer-members of Atlas Mabuna have adopted organic agriculture – either we failed them as consultants, or they failed themselves. Consultants can only do so much – the farmers have to do much more!

Now, I have news for the FFF farmers of Aramal-Tocok – some unknown upland farmers of a Tublay, Benguet farming coop have graduated from being chemical farmers to being organic farmers to being self-regulating organic farmers – surely, the intelligent FFF farmers can emulate them!? [See my essay, “Tublay Organic Farming Coop In Benguet Makes History – “1st Accredited Organic Certifying Body For The Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) In The Philippines,” 18 May 2022, Towards A New Eden, Blogspot.com.]

The FFF does protest too much! Instead, the FFF people can better spend their time learning organic farming methods. You spend much less, you earn much more. You buy the fertilizer, or you prepare your own.

I can also teach them my own formula that I call “Rotavator Organic WEALth” – at no cost, except expenses for travel back & forth, food and accommodations, for 2-3 days for the techno-demo. WEALth is my acronym for “Weeds-Enriched Automatic Layer of Trash Triggering Terrestrial Health.” I assure the FFF people of Aramal-Tocok that my formula is so inexpensive you have to see to believe!

Back to the upland farmers of Tublay of whom I have written [17 May 2022, “Tublay Organic Farming Coop In Benguet Makes History – “1st Accredited Organic Certifying Body For The Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) In The Philippines,” Towards A New Eden, Blogspot.com]. The Tublay farmers have achieved an intellectual level historically above all the other farmers in the Philippines, including MASIPAG whom I came to know were already practicing organic farming 22 years ago.

Whether highland or lowland farmers, you can much improve your lives with organic farming!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watching Germanwatch watching Climate Change within countries of the world – unfortunately, it’s watching Effects , not Causes . Not how ...